8 Days • 7 Nights • 14 Meals
Sep 29-Oct 6 | Oct 6-13 | Oct 8-15
Depart/Return: Hartford, CT
Price Per Person: Double: $1,697; Single: $2,165
Pre/Post-Tour Hotel: $138/night
About the Tour
Explore the classic New England of storybooks and history – the rugged seafaring towns and the revolutionary spirits, the granite character and mountain splendor. You’ll be transported back to the 18th century in the authentically recreated Old Sturbridge Village, dine at the Salem Cross Inn, stand in the footsteps of the famed Minutemen of Lexington & Concord, then head into old Boston to visit landmarks from America’s founding. Navigating the scenic north shore, you’ll stop for a traditional lobster bake in the salty mariners’ town of Gloucester, then hug the rocky Atlantic coast up towards Maine. Head inland for a scenic back-roads journey we’ve charted to maximize fall’s colors!
Have your cameras at the ready for our passage through the mountainscapes of New Hampshire, and thrill as we cross the 2,860-foot Kancamagus Pass. Marvel as you walk along the Flume Gorge on wooden walkways, past waterfalls and 90-foot-high rock walls, and over the fiery gold treetops. Visit a thriving Vermont cider mill, syrup farm, and the world's largest granite quarry.
Itinerary & Info Sheet
Click Bottom Right to View Full Sized
- Witness the colorful fall foliage spectacle across five states as the trees are ablaze autumn hues – from lemon to copper to crimson to blood orange to burnt umber
- Ride the Kanacamagus “Kanc” Highway, among the region’s most scenic, and take an aerial tram for stunning views from atop Cannon Mountain
- Relive our nation’s courageous beginnings: from the site of the Boston Tea Party and Faneuil Hall’s “Cradle of Liberty,” Paul Revere’s home to Lexington and Concord’s “shot heard ‘round the world,” and the fascinating living history authentically re-enacted at Old Sturbridge
- Experience a life at sea from a Gloucester lobsterman, plus savor an authentic New England lobster bake
- Savor a “sweet” visit to a rustic cider mill for old-fashioned cider and fresh cider donuts, and Burr Morse's maple syrup farm that follows centuries’ old traditions
- Learn about mining traditions at the world’s largest granite quarry
- See an amazing demonstration of the Friesian horse breed with expert Robert Labrie
- Savor fresh-baked bread at Vermont's King Arthur Flour
high 70°/low 46° (September)
high 64°/low 41° (October)
Time Zone: Eastern
Arrival Time: Schedule to arrive at our starting hotel by 5:00 p.m. on Day 1.
Departure Time: Schedule your flight home anytime after 10:00 a.m. on Day 8.
Airport-Hotel Shuttle: None necessary as the hotel is located in the airport, between Concourse A & B.
Vehicle Parking: A fee of $80.00 will be charged to park your vehicle at our starting hotel while on tour. If you stay an extra day prior to or after the tour, additional charges will apply.
Walking Distance: Moderate walking is required to fully enjoy this tour.
Currency: US Dollar
Hotel Amenities: Hair dryers, irons, ironing boards & coffee makers throughout tour. Guest laundry on Days 4, 5 & 6. Exercise room and swimming pool available at most hotels.
Additional Information: Lobster Bake Day 3: You can request Chicken as an alternative for Lobster.
Travel Protection Available?: Yes, see About Travel Protection.
Terms & Conditions: Tour reservations are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by Country Travel DISCOVERIES on our website at Terms & Conditions.
Groups Have a group? We can make your group's vacation cost-effective and easy, with discounts for groups as small as five and other benefits. Learn more at Country Travel DISCOVERIES for Groups.
Further information is mailed upon receipt of your reservation. A total of three mailings are sent to assist you in preparing for your tour…Get Ready, Get Set and Go! Our “Get Ready” packet is sent confirming your reservation. Our “Get Set” packet provides further details approximately 90 days prior to departure with important details regarding making your travel arrangements. Finally, our “Go” packet arrives 2-3 weeks before departure containing all your final documents.
Updates: Updates to this document are available from our Discovery Reservations Team, and will be posted online at www.CountryTravelDiscoveries.com/ANE
Video: CTD's Autumn in New England
Fall Foliage Spectacular Featured on Morning Blend!
Country Travel DISCOVERIES President Steve Uelner and Director of Marketing Stewart Ikeda had a chance to discuss the peak-foliage getaway vacation, Autumn in New England -- a perennial favorite among CTD travelers -- on NBC TMJ4's Morning Blend, hosted by Molly Fay and Denise Kaderabek. Some of the images are stunning!