8 Days • 7 Nights • 14 Meals
Feb 26-Mar 5 in 2017
This tour is completed. If you would like to be notified when details of next year's Florida tour are available, please let us know.
Depart/Return: Orlando, FL
Price Per Person: Double: $1,977; Single: $2,575
Pre/Post-Tour Hotel: $178/night
About the Tour
A wonderful, warm-weather get away to the “other” Florida—local, less-traveled, Country Travel DISCOVERIES-style. Sure, you’ll get some sand between your toes, but the real charm of this vacation is the diverse array of knowledgeable Floridians you’ll encounter: from skilled flower, citrus, sugarcane and honey farmers to marine biologists and a real NASA astronaut. Their warm welcomes—as much as the excellent climate, impressive agriculture, marvelous marine life, and easy-going beaches—will send you home from this memorable winter escape in a “Sunshine State of Mind”!
Itinerary & Info Sheet
Terms & Conditions
- Visit Kennedy Space Center and enjoy lunch with a NASA astronaut
- 14 memorable meals including festive farewell dinner with flamenco dancing
- Up-close visits with local farmers including sugarcane, honey, citrus, ornamental plant, and horse farmers
- Experience the secret world of Naval Special Warfare at the Navy SEAL Museum
- Meet knowledgeable local experts including a professional surfer, marine biologist and sponge diving crew
- Visit stunning Sanibel Island Beach, renowned for its bountiful seashells and a museum dedicated to them
- Meet a manatee expert and perhaps catch a glimpse of these gentle sea creatures surfacing
- Savor Parkesdale Farms' World Famous Strawberry Shortcake in Plant City, the "Strawberry Capital of the World"
- Stop in Lake Placid, Reader’s Digest’s "America’s Most Interesting Town" noted for its colorful Caladium plants and spectacular murals
high upper-60s to low-70s / low upper 40s to lower 50s (Feb)
Time Zone: Eastern
Arrival Time: Schedule your flight to arrive by 5:00 p.m. on Day 1.
Departure Time: Schedule your flight home anytime after 3:30 p.m. on Day 8.
Airport Info: Starting hotel offers 24-hour complimentary shuttle service.
Vehicle Parking: Complimentary for duration of tour.
Walking Distance: Moderate to moderately extensive walking is required to fully enjoy this tour. Some walking can be on uneven surfaces.
Currency: US Dollar
Hotel Amenities Include: Refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, Coffee makers, swimming pools and exercise rooms throughout tour.
Travel Protection Available?: Yes, see About Travel Protection.
Terms & Conditions: Tour reservations are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by Country Travel DISCOVERIES on our website at Terms & Conditions.
Groups: Have a group? We can make your group's vacation cost-effective and easy, with discounts for groups as small as five and other benefits. Learn more at Country Travel DISCOVERIES for Groups.
Additional Information: Further information is mailed upon receipt of your reservation. A total of three mailings are sent to assist you in preparing for your tour…Get Ready, Get Set and Go! Our “Get Ready” packet is sent confirming your reservation. Our “Get Set” packet provides further details approximately 90 days prior to departure with important details regarding making your travel arrangements. Finally, our “Go” packet arrives 2-3 weeks before departure containing all your final documents.
Updates: Updates to this document are available from our Discovery Reservations Team, and will be posted online at www.CountryTravelDiscoveries.com/FLA
Experience the Sights, Sounds and Flavors of the Gulf Coast — from Bay to Bayou to the Mississippi Delta
“Southern Hospitality” is just what you’ll find in this warm-weather escape that explores the Gulf region’s diverse cultural, culinary and natural attractions. Savor delectable meals in the Big Easy, including a lunch and cooking demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking. Explore historical life in towns and plantations along the Mississippi River, meet bayou locals who earn a living from land and sea, and laissez les bons temps rouler in a thrilling excursion into the heart of Cajun country!