SAVE $400-$1,000 PER COUPLE!
12 Days • 11 Nights • 26 Meals
Oct 1-12, 2016*
Depart/Return: Chicago, IL or Washington Dulles, VA
Price Per Person: Double: From $5,197; Single: From $6,197 (Air/Land Tour)
Land-Only: PLEASE CALL
Pre-/Post-Tour Hotel: $168/night (Chicago)
*Land-only pricing available. Please call.
About the Tour
Aboard the luxurious Amadeus SILVER III, discover the legendary Rhine River on an exclusive private charter cruise with Country Travel DISCOVERIES. Starting in vibrant Amsterdam on the North Sea, set sail on a thrilling discovery of four countries—the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland. Float through the stunning Middle Rhine Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage area, past landscapes and cities of surpassing beauty, and steeped in heroic tales and historic importance. Rolling vineyards, cliff-top castles, and charming villages surround as you relax with a glass of wine on the sundeck, join new friends in the Panorama Lounge, or watch from the privacy of your deluxe state room. You’ll experience the heart of such great cultural centers as Cologne and Strasbourg, and get off the beaten path to visit pastoral river and farming towns. Your trip culminates in an exploration of the lovely Swiss Alpine Lakes region, including stunning Lucerne and Interlaken, and beautiful, mountain-ringed Lake Geneva.
This “once-in-a-lifetime trip”, exclusive to Country Travel DISCOVERIES travelers, will be hosted by Ann Kaiser, retired editor of Taste of Home and Country Woman magazines, her husband Louie, and longtime European Discoveries Director, Sue Froidl. Join them for what promises to be an amazing vacation through the heart of Europe!
Click Bottom Right to View Full Sized
- Visit important and off-the-beaten-path sites in four countries: Holland, Germany, France and Switzerland
- Three days in the Netherlands, with tours of Amsterdam, Waterland and Volendam
- Seven nights aboard the brand-new, privately chartered luxury ship, Amadeus SILVER III
- Join Ann & Louis Kaiser and Sue Froidl on this luxurious, modern ship chartered special exclusively for CTD travelers
- Included sightseeing tours of: Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Speyer and Strasbourg
- Visit multiple UNESCO World Heritage sites including the Middle Rhine Valley, Cologne Cathedral and Strasbourg's Grand Ile cite centre
- Two days experiencing beautiful Alpine Switzerland, Lucerne and Lake Geneva
- Superb dining with all shipboard meals included, plus wine or beer with dinner, and nightly onboard entertainment
DAY 3 Option: Canals of Amsterdam
Enjoy a serene, private cruise through the city’s unique network of canals past The Westerkerk, the Anne Frank House, the narrowest house in Amsterdam, and much more. Price: $21 per person
DAY 8 Option: Heidelberg/Countryside Farm
Visit a charming working farm in the vegetable-growing region of Palatina. Price: $117 per person
DAY 8 Option: Heidelberg/Baroque Garden
Walk through the exquisite gardens of the renowned Schwetzingen Palace. Price: $117 per person
DAY 11 Option: Swiss Alps via Funicular Rail
Travel amongst spectacular Alpine scenery past Dent de Jaman Mountain and on to Rochers de Naye (6,700 feet). A stunning Lake Geneva vista awaits, along with the chance to visit Marmot Park. Price: $68
A Luxurious New Ship
CTD travelers have the great fortune to be among the first to experience the brand-new Amadeus SILVER III, launched in 2016. Like a floating luxury boutique hotel, this sleek, modern ship offers amazing views and 100% outward-facing staterooms ship-wide, and is loaded with comforts and amenities—from spa and fitness facilities to evening entertainment and even a festive cooking demonstration. Plus...
- We‘ve chartered the entire SILVER III exclusively for CTD travelers
- Three gourmet meals a day and wine/beer with dinner
- Gratuities to English-speaking crew and cruise director included—over a $100 per person value
- Captain’s Gala dinner and show, and daily on-board entertainment and teatime
- Complimentary bicycles for self-guided port exploring
- Wireless “Quietvox” Audio-Guide Headsets during guided shore excursions
- Non-smoking environment throughout ship
- Round trip air from U.S. to Europe and airport transfers included
- More details about the ship amenities and inclusions here
high 59°/ low 51° (Amsterdam)
high 57°/ low 43° (Interlaken)
Time Zone: +7 hours from Central Time
Arrival Time: Available 90 days prior to the tour.
Departure Time: Available 90 days prior to the tour.
Airport Info: Pre/Post Hotel offers complimentary shuttle service.
Vehicle Parking: Free parking is offered during the tour at our hotel in Chicago with a Pre- or Post-tour night booked, only. East coast hotels will be booked on an individual basis.
Walking Distance: Moderate to extended walking is required to fully enjoy this tour. Some walking will be on uneven paths.
Currency: Euro, Swiss Franc
Hotel Amenities Include: Hair dryers, TV/cable, telephone, coffee makers, laundry available at hotels.
Ship Amenities Include: Sun Deck, Two Bars, Large Chess Board on Sun Deck, Gourmet Dining, Fitness Room, Massage, Hairdresser, Lift (except to Sun Deck), Gift Shop. In all rooms: Flat screen TV, Safe, Hair Dryer. All rooms except Haydn Deck have French Balcony. Suites have balcony.
Travel Protection Available?: Yes, see About Travel Protection.
Terms & Conditions: Tour reservations are subject to the terms and conditions outlined by Country Travel DISCOVERIES on our website at Terms & Conditions.
Groups: Have a group? We can make your group's vacation cost-effective and easy, with discounts for groups as small as five and other benefits. Learn more at Country Travel DISCOVERIES for Groups.
Additional Information: Brand new ship being built in 2015.
Land Tours begin one day later. Airport transfers not included with Land Only Tours. Air & Land Tours include government imposed taxes, fees and airline fuel surcharges at time of printing.
Further information is mailed upon receipt of your reservation. A total of three mailings are sent to assist you in preparing for your tour…Get Ready, Get Set and Go! Our “Get Ready” packet is sent confirming your reservation. Our “Get Set” packet provides further details approximately 90 days prior to departure with important details regarding making your travel arrangements. Finally, our “Go” packet arrives 2-3 weeks before departure containing all your final documents.
Updates: Updates to this document are available from our Discovery Reservations Team, and will be posted online at www.CountryTravelDiscoveries.com/RRC
Article: Why Take a River Cruise?
So, just why is river cruising one of the hottest trends in leisure travel today? Here are at least nine reasons to choose a river cruise over an ocean cruise.
Click to watch video about life aboard the magnificent MS Amadeus River Cruise vessels.